Here are some questions you could ask while interviewing schools:
- Tell me about your special education program.
- What would class instruction look like?
- What experiences do you or your staff have with (fill in the blank) diagnosis?
- How can they support your child’s learning?
- How long are the wait lists for physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy etc.?
- If needed, what kind of 1:1 support would your child receive (Educational Assistant, Special Education Resource Teacher, etc.)?
Click here for some great info. and resources that apply to Ontario schools.